31.1.14

WEEKEND JUICING

Recently, you can hardly move for articles about juicing and juices, and greens and health, and arguements about whether smoothies or juices are more beneficial etc etc. Either way, I know what I like and what I think tastes good, and this is my version of that. It's a juice not a smoothie, and it's one I only make once a week as I honestly don't have time to juice and then clean the kitchen (because I do always make a massive mess when juicing) before I go to work. So here it is - my weekend juice.

This is what I use, but you can grab anything fresh and green and stick it through the juicer! I do like using lemons or limes though, as it lifts what can actually be quite a heavy juice.

Makes 2 large glasses of juice

Large bunch kale
2 red beetroot
1 golden beetroot
1 cucumber
1 bunch celery
2 peeled lemons
3 apples
1 pear
Large bunch spinach
Large bunch cavolo nero


This is undeniably a lot of vegetables and fruit, but they're the bits and bobs that were left in the bottom of our fridge, and a few extras from the market that I bought in bulk, so it doesn't add up to too much.

I don't worry about peeling anything except for the lemons. Stick all the ingredients through the juicer into a large jug, stir and pour!

It's not the prettiest thing you'll see but it tastes so good that it doesn't matter what it looks like!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've been doing a bit of juicing on and off lately. I usually throw in some apples to sweeten things up. Luckily my daughter likes most of the juices I make so we usually share a big glass a couple of times a week :)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good that your little girl likes the juices too! I think if my mum had tried to give me something the colour of the juices I make now there's no way I would've drunk them!!

      ROsie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig