14.1.14

20 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME...

As my blog reader numbers increase, and I realise that I might not actually know everyone personally who reads my blog, I thought I'd put together a little list of facts about me that you might not know.

- I'm originally from the West country, near a small place called Castle Cary in Somerset. My parents live in a tiny village there, that has no shops and 1 pub. It's a beautiful place, surrounded by fields, little rivers and farms, and I reckon you could live pretty self sufficiently in the village, as you can buy all types of different foods from local producers. I've been living in London for more than 10 years now though.

- I am obsessed with dogs - to the point where I ask the boy daily when we can get one (I'm still not sure I understand the reasons why not, but think it has something to do with me working full time in an office, and him therefore getting left with most of the care). I can't walk past a dog in the street without wanting to go and say hi!

- I work Monday to Friday as an assistant to a director of River Island. I love my job, and River Island are a brilliant company to work for.

- I am writing a cook book. This has been on my to do list for a while now, but 2014 is my year! I am hoping to self publish, so watch this space for a whole book of seasonal recipes.... I also do pop up restaurants and catering gigs, info about which you can find here. So far at my pop ups, I've cooked for 2 food writers for national publications and a top chef's literary agent, and have still had really good reviews, so I'd say they're going well so far!

- I don't drink non-alcoholic fizzy drinks. Apart from the odd Purdy's.

- I don't drink tea, and never have. I've tried it, I just don't like it. This amazes a lot of people, and my family are still in denial - my mum often offers me a cup of tea when I'm at their house.

- My favorite drink is water (fun!) or black coffee. My favorite alcoholic drink is bubbles or white wine. My favorite meat is beef, fish is mackerel, fruit is clementines and my favorite vegetable is beetroot. I also love cheese. Pretty much all cheese is good with me!


- I have ginger hair. Not that interesting to me, but you wouldn't believe how often people point it out!

- Similar to this, I'm 5'10". Again, not that interesting, but I've heard "Wow, you're really tall for a girl" too many times in my life already!

- I turned 30 last year but still get regularly ID'd for booze, cigarettes and even lottery tickets and painkillers!

- I did a degree in Latin American Studies - super interesting from a learning point of view, but not really very directional for a career path.

- My family is mostly men. I don't have any female cousins, and now all my male cousins are having babies, they're all having boys! I broke the mould :)

- I didn't eat eggs for years. I thought I didn't like them, and then realised I was wrong!

- I've had lots of random jobs - when I was a teenager I worked on a wild boar farm that imported all sorts of exotic foods - I spent a couple of days picking wings and legs off frozen locusts so people could eat them. I've modelled at London Fashion Week and shot campaigns for Diesel, and I also used to work for the Cirque du Soleil in Spain.

- I love baking, but I'm not the biggest cake fan, I really can take it or leave it. I bake so other people can enjoy my cakes.

- My mum is a florist and I help her out when I can/she needs me. If you ever need beautiful flowers, this is her site - she covers most of the West Country and sometimes London.


- I get very embarrassed very easily - people I don't know singing Happy Birthday to someone I also don't know at the other end of a restaurant can make me turn purple! My fair complexion isn't the best at hiding my red cheeks!

- I only wear mascara and eyebrow pencil. I never wear make up on my skin - it looks terrible on me and is so obvious that it's best without!!

- I used to live in Seville in Spain and have dreams of returning there one day. It's my favorite Spanish city, and I've visited most of them! I also love Paris.

- Even though I love using British seasonal produce, I can't live without avocados, lemons and black pepper.

I could go on and on, but I think I'd bore you! 

I'm on Instagram - alittlelusciousness and have finally set up a facebook page for my blog and pop ups - www.facebook.com/alittlelusciousness.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These are all really interesting facts :) I am going to Paris in February and Seville for the first time in April, it looks absolutely beautiful there ! Perhaps you can recommend places to go/eat while I'm there. Did yo ever go to Cadiz while you lived there? I am going to head there for a few days after. The city I am hoping to move to in a couple of years is Barcelona, I've just got to finish my degree first. And I've also had lots of very random and hilarious jobs, they make good stories though! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh so jealous of Paris in February - I really think it's one of the cities that has benefits and beauties all year round!

      When are you off to Spain - I'm going to be in Seville and Cadiz in April (5-12th) so if you're there then, would you be interested in doing a little food outing one day?! And yes, Cadiz is beautiful and well worth a visit :) I could recommend a ton of places in Seville, but to save me typing - if you visit David Lebovitz's blog, he's got a really good, up to date list of the best eateries there :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Great facts! You lived in Seville? You lucky thing, i'm not surprised you'd like to return one day. I didn't realise you were so tall but I suppose I only saw you sat down at the Action Aid event!

    With you on the cheese :)

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, Seville was great! Such a brilliant city :) Can't wait for my holiday there in April, and definitely would like to live there again.

      R xx

      Delete
  3. That is so cool that you are going to write your own cookbook! Bravo!
    Haha love how your family is in denial about your non tea drinking. The same goes for my boyfriend and his.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must be a British thing - we must all drink tea!!!! Watch this space for my cookbook.... it's so hard actually translating my scribbles and notes into recipes though!

      R xx

      Delete
  4. Yes, very exciting about the cookbook! Please let us know how it progresses. A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will - may be a little while though!!

      R xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig