29.1.14

MOTHERSHUCKIN LUNCHTIME

Last Saturday lunchtime I treated myself and the boy to lunch at a pop up -it was so nice to go to someone else's pop up for a change! I booked 2 places at the early sitting (2pm) of a pop up I've been meaning to go to for a while now but kept missing, so was glad they had space to fit us in. "Mothershuckin lunchtime" is all about seafood. The lovely girls who run the pop up source the freshest, best seafood they can get and serve it up to 15 people at a time in the Muse gallery on Portobello road.

We set off from home to Portobello, with the sun on our backs, on the nicest Saturday morning for a while. Portobello was buzzing, and it felt quite exclusive being able to slip into the Muse gallery while people peered in from outside, wondering what they were missing out on!

As with all good meals, we started with a good drink. I had the Bloody Mary, which was made with the Mothershuckers' own horseradish and a chilli infused vodka, while the chilli-shy boy stuck with a Meantime London lager.


At Mothershuckers you get your own table, which was really nice, as with my hangover from the night before I don't think my conversation with strangers would've been up to much. I got the feeling that most of the guests had had a pretty boozy Friday night! What's better than a huge plate of seafood (and lots more booze) to wash away the night before!?

After checking we were ready to eat, our food was served: 3 different types of homemade bread, all as yummy as each other, homemade mayo, and a massive plate of seafood - I forget where each component came from, but it was all from British seas. There were a dozen oysters, delicious Scottish smoked salmon, mussels and a whole crab. We tucked in and gobbled it all up, washing it down with a bottle of Prosecco.


I think my favorite parts were the crab and the smoked salmon - I need to find out where they get their salmon from as it was truly delicious.

The Mother Shuckers are now residents at Muse, so you can find them there soon (although no dates announced at the moment) and you can book/keep up to date with their next events here, via Grub Club. The lunch we went to cost £26 per person and our first drinks were included in the price. It's a fun afternoon out, in a lovely venue, which leaves you right in the middle of Portobello for a really nice post-lunch afternoon stroll. But be warned - if it's sunny in the morning it doesn't mean it will be sunny after lunch, as we found out on leaving the pop up, not wearing enough clothes and freezing all the way home!!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oooh yum yum yum looks so good! I still haven't tried a pop up, I should really get round to it - seafood and prosecco sounds absolutely perfect!
    Lucy x
    La Lingua : Food + Life in Milano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it was so good Lucy!! But I think you should come to one of my pop ups instead (next time you're in London!!) ;)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. This looks very nice...but I'm sure yours are better! ;) Are you doing some in March? I might come along to one with Laura

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, I will have a March date for my pop ups - that would be so great if you guys came!! Will let you know when it is as soon as I've worked my diary out!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Ooo looks so so great!
    I love seafood, especially served in such a king-style platter.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was honestly the best hangover cure imaginable!! They could hardly squeeze all the food on our table, we had to have a mini table next to us for overspill!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, major food lust! I adore seafood too. Mmmm x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it was sooo good! All so fresh and tasty :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Ahh this is the one I commented on in instagram, the food looks delish! Major seafood fan right here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, same one!! So good!! I could eat it all again right now haha!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig