26.8.16

THAI TREATS

A few weekends ago I went to Wilderness Festival with two of my favourite girlies. We had the most wonderful weekend - eating all the food, dancing til we couldn't stand up and laughing so much that our cheeks hurt. But four days in a field really took its toll on me! So when we got back it was time to plan some replenishing activities. And what better than a Thai massage and some super spicy, cleansing Thai food?!

We got back to London on Monday and after a quick turnaround at home headed in to Central London to Thai Square Spa near Embankment where we were both booked in for the Himalayan Ritual Massage. I'd been invited down to check it out, so had mine in their new Salt Room, while Bron had hers in one of their other treatment rooms. An hour of being massaged with beautiful essential oils on a bed in a room surrounded by salt, which draws out toxins and has healing and purifying properties, was incredible. I floated out of the room, my skin as soft as it gets, and had a tea lying on their relaxation beds in the beautiful surroundings while I waited for Bron to join me. We could barely string a sentence together to tell each other how much we'd enjoyed our treatment! At £105 for 60 minutes it's in line with most massages in London and was one of the best I've had. 



The following evening, I met up with Bron again. We went for a lovely walk round the Leg of Mutton reservoir in Barnes, heading to a Thai restaurant I'd heard so much about but never been to. Sakunthalas Pan Asia is at the top of White Hart Lane in Barnes and is legendary. They've got 4.9 out of 5 on google ratings and I knew we were in for a treat. 

We started with some non alcoholic cocktails - I can't remember exactly what they were - some sort of apple, ginger, mint and lemon concoction for me - but they were both delicious and just what we wanted. 


For starters we shared two dishes. Grilled scallops with a garlic and coriander butter, which were perfectly cooked and flavoured, and the steamed dumplings filled with water chestnuts, carrots, Chinese mushroom, bamboo shoots and herbs. So light and really tasty dipped in the oyster sauce and sauce dressing.


I wanted to go as spicy and cleansing as possible for main course, so had a large portion of the king prawn tom yum soup with extra chilli. It packed a massive punch, in the best way possible, and was exactly what I'd wanted. What was also really impressive were the number of prawns in the soup. Restaurants so often fob you off with three or four prawns in a dish like this, but there were at least double that here. Bron's lamb shank masaman curry was incredible. Rich with so many levels of flavour from heat to sour to creamy. It was way more that I could've managed that evening, but she loved it, and I'll definitely go back and order it myself. 


Sakunthalas is unpretentious, ridiculously good value (£20 a head for our meal) and so sweet. They have a dresser in the restaurant laden with Thai food products you can buy, so you can try and recreate your meal at home. But I wouldn't bother - I'd rather go back and have their version!!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I feel like it's been a while since I've had proper authentic bold Thai. There's a similar place in Brixton called Yum-D and it's divine!

    Honey x The Girl Next Shore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the little independent places that really do the best food. Love this new discovery!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. What an experience! Drooling here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know which was best - the massage or the food!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig