16.3.16

MY APRIL POP UP RESTAURANTS

My next pop up restaurant takes place this Saturday for 36 guests who managed to get tickets before it sold out a couple of weeks ago. However, I've got two dates in April that still have tickets available, so wanted to let you know about them in case you want to come!

First off is Saturday 2nd April at Angie's Little Food Shop in Chiswick, where I'm hosting a Sipsmith themed dinner. I'm using something to do with Sipsmith in each course - their lovely gin that's made a stone's throw from my venue to cure the fish for the starter; no alcohol per se in the main, but I am using a lot of the botanicals that Sipsmith use to make their gin, to cure the goat meat; and for pudding I'm topping my tart yet creamy sweet lemon possets with a jelly made with Sipsmith's sloe gin. And of course there'll be Sipsmith cocktails to start. As always, if you want to come but can't or don't eat anything on the menu just let me know when you book and I can send you alternate options. The full menu for the 2nd is:

Sparkling welcome cocktail made with Sipsmith gin
 
Sipsmith gin cured trout served on samphire with homemade bread
 
Goat marinated in Sipsmith botanicals, including lemon peel, orange peel, juniper berries, almonds and coriander seed, on a bed of pearl barley and spring onion, with purple sprouting broccoli and watercress salad
 
Rhubarb and lemon posset topped with sloe gin and lemon jelly, rhubarb jam, lemon shortbreads
 
British cheeseboard, homemade salted biscuits, chutney
 
Sipsmith fruit pastilles, teapigs tea or coffee 
 
Tickets are available here and are £40 for four courses, a cocktail and homemade fruit pastilles and tea or coffee. The evening is bring your own booze, and I can recommend wine pairings for the menu. Everything is made from scratch by me, and past evenings have been lots of fun. Sheerluxe have recently recommended my pop ups and my very lovely guests have left me some lovely reviews:
 
"A wonderful evening - a warm welcome on a miserable winter evening to a convivial setting, delicious food. The menu was seasonal and professionally crafted to exploit flavours. The dishes were well presented, and generous. Rosie and her staff host a great evening. (The warm spiced chocolate truffles tipped off a top evening!)"
 
"A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Warm and friendly host, fantastic food and very generous portions. Great value for money, would go again."
 
"So so good. Everything about this pop up restaurant is superb. I can't wait to go again and hopefully I'll convince a few others to go with me. The food was delicious, full of complex flavours yet subtle and pure, great textures, beautifully cooked. The venue was lovely, it had a great atmosphere (lovely crockery) - the set up was absolutely conducive to striking up conversation with new people. The booking process was seamless. The chef was very professional and relaxed - my allergies/intolerances (boo) did not phase her one bit. So highly recommended."
 
My next event after the 2nd is a long, lazy lunch on Saturday 9th April at Barts in Kensington. The menu is inspired by the idea of brunch running in to lunch, so I'm using the classic brunch ingredient salmon to make the starter; smokey, sticky pulled pork for mains served with fresh, vibrant sides; and a sweet and creamy posset for pudding with puff pastry rhubarb dipping soldiers. Barts are making cocktails to go with my menu, though there's also beer, wine and soft drinks available if you prefer. The full lunch menu for 9th April is:
  
Smoked salmon mousse with samphire, spring onions and watercress, homemade bread, whipped butter
 
24 hour cooked pork shoulder marinated in homemade BBQ sauce, warm jersey royal potato salad, root veg "naked" coleslaw, raw apple chutney
 
Lemon posset with rhubarb puff dipping soldiers
 
British cheeseboard, homemade biscuits, apple & rhubarb chutney
 
Homemade boozy chocolate truffles
 
Tickets for lunch at Barts are £36 a head and available here. Again - if you want to come but don't like or can't something on the menu I can make alternatives, just leave a comment when booking.
 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig