7.9.15

STOREYS, SHEPHERD'S BUSH

It makes me so happy when fun, new foodie ventures open in West London. When I was away on holiday I'd read something about a new street food venue opening on top of the old BBC centre car park, near Westfield, Shepherd's Bush. I couldn't make the first couple of weekends it was open, but have been there a few times since, and had such a great time, delicious food and really good value cocktails. Storeys is exactly what West London needed. 15 floors up, on top of the BBC centre car park, it looks out across West London, and hosts some of my favourite street food traders, has a DJ playing tunes, 2 bars to choose from and loads of different seating and chill out areas - so pretty perfect! I spent all day at Storeys for my pre-birthday celebrations yesterday, and as I arrived so early, I managed to get this photo before everyone else arrived - I love the tower of TVs in the middle of the space.


Food traders rotate each weekend but include Le Bun (pulled confit duck, straw frites, bearnaise spread, champagne slaw, brioche), Crabbieshack (soft shell crab served with amazing salads), Yum Jungle (incredible salt and chilli squid), Little Ghost Bagels (beef brisket braised in master stock, gochujang braised pak choi, pickled cucumber, pickled red chilli, spring onion, coriander and kewpie mayo served in a toasted squid ink sesame bagel), Pulled (slow roasted, melt in your mouth, hickory and maple smoked, pulled free range lamb shoulder, finished with pickled red onion and mint slaw topped with bursting pomegranate seeds) and various others who alternate weeks there.




Cocktails are all £8 and there's a huge variety - you can choose from drinks like a BBC Ice Tea, made with vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, fresh lemon/sugar mix, topped with cranberry juice and lemon, or an Aperol Spritz from the Television Bar, or a Wray & Ting - Wray & Nephew overproof rum mixed with Ting and a squeeze of fresh lime, or a Storeys Rum Punch - their very own sunshine brew with Plantation 5yr old rum, white rum, triple sec, dark rum, orange, passion fruit and pineapple juice from the Rum Shack. There's also a Bloody Mary bar serving up varieties on that theme.





The venue's been buzzing each time I've been, and they've got artists doing live artwork, and stacks of old TVs that make up a centre piece in the middle of the venue. Storeys will be open throughout until 11th October on Fridays from 5-11pm, 11am-11pm on Saturdays and 11am-8pm on Sundays. See you there!! And as I've become so enamoured with Storeys, I'm actually planning a weekend pop up there at the beginning of October (of which profits from the Saturday will go to charities working with refugees), where I'll be cooking with Hardeep, so I will post more info about that up here when we've made a proper plan!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This is amazing! I've heard so much about the venue, I really want to visit. Your pop up sounds epic - can't wait to hear more details!

    Lauren xx | The Lifestyle Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go Lauren, absolutely my new favourite place! Will send you details of the pop up when I have them....

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Such an unusual venue, I definitely want to try this one out Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great Lucy. Let me know if you're going and can meet you there for a drink

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Longing to go to Storeys! Know the girl who set it up actually, need to get myself down there... great post and fab photos. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go Celia. Emma is so so lovely and has looked after us brilliantly every time we've been :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. I NEED a 'Le Bun' in my mouth. Defs give more deets about your pop-up Rosie! Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't tried Le Bun, you must. Think they've just started a residency in Brixton too. Will definitely send you info on our pop up when it's live :) Hope you can come!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig