14.9.15

GOAN PRAWN CURRY w HOLY COW & LOVE RICE

I love discovering a new food brand, especially one that's packed full of good ingredients. I was contacted by the people behind Holy Cow recently and I asked to write about their sauces. I was unsure. I like to make my own sauces, but this can be a long process, and not one you necessarily want to embark on after a long day of work. I had a look into the brand, and my mind was made up as unlike a lot of ready to use sauces, the Holy Cow range uses only natural ingredients, with no gluten, nor artificial colours, flavours, preservatives. Basically, exactly as I would make the sauces myself. I've also been working with Love Rice on recipe projects, and they'd sent me some mixed rice packs to use in my cooking, including my favourite, the Tilda wholegrain basmati and wild rice, which is not only delicious but also packed full of nutrients.

As the Holy Cow sauces are so good, I only needed to add a couple of ingredients to make a complete meal. The sauces come in various different flavours, including Mangalore Malabar - an aromatic tangy sauce made with coconut and curry leaves; Kashmir Roganjosh - a hearty caramelised onion and tomato sauce flavoured with cardamom and clove; and Goan Curry Sauce - a hot and spicy coconut based sauce, which is perfect for serving with prawns.

Serves 2

120g Tilda wholegrain basmati and wild rice
12 king prawns
1 pack of Holy Cow Goan Prawn Curry sauce (made with onion, coconut milk, rapeseed oil,  tamarind, roasted coconut, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli, tomato paste, salt, chilli powder)
1/2 courgette, sliced into large matchsticks


Put a large pan on water on to boil. Once boiling, add the rice and cook on a simmer for 25 minutes.

After the rice has been simmering for 15 minutes, heat a little oil in a large frying pan and add the prawns, cooking for 1 minute on each side, or until fully pink. Add the courgettes and cook for a further minute. Add the curry sauce, mix it in with the prawns and courgette and cook for two minutes. And that's it!! Drain your rice, add the prawn curry and you're ready to eat.


You don't have to use prawns for this - both white fish or chicken would be delicious too, just chop them into small-ish chunks, and cook in the same way as the prawns, but for a few minutes more for the chicken.

To buy your own Holy Cow sauces, search for them on Ocado or Amazon, and look our for them in Holland and Barrett soon too.
 
 
SHARE:

3 comments

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig