2.9.15

#FDBLOGGERSGTK - GET TO KNOW A LITTLE LUSCIOUSNESS

Thank you to Lauren from Elle Blogs for nominating me to do the #fdbloggersGTK post. It's a totally different post to those I normally write! As I'm sure lots of you know, there's a great community of food bloggers who use the #fdbloggers, set up by the lovely Loriley, to share posts, recipes and talk about all things food. Loriley has now gone one better by creating a #fdbloggersGTK tag so we can all find out a bit more about the people behind the food blogs.

- Name:
Rosie

- Blog:
A Little Lusciousness 


- What was your reason for starting a blog?
I got really in to cooking and friends started asking me for recipes so I decided to start a blog where I could write about all things food related, including the recipes people were asking me for. 


- What’s the dish you’re most proud of?
As well as my blog, I run pop up restaurants, and am now trying to write a cookbook, so it's probably a dish that's never featured on my blog!! Though my 24 hour pulled pork gets a lot of love whenever I make it, and it's easy to do at home - lots of people have made it following the recipe on my blog. 


- What one kitchen utensil could you not live without?
My magimix - I use it for everything. Chopping, grating, slicing, kneading, blending.... the list goes on! In fact, I use it so much, the plastic on the handle recently snapped and fell off :( 


- You’re stranded on a desert island. What three ingredients do you take with you?
I guess it would have to be flour, eggs and milk so I could make pancakes, dumplings, something resembling bread, etc. Then I could catch fish(?!) and forage vegetables to make whole meals....!!

- Who do you take inspiration from?
I take inspiration from all around me - my food uses a lot of seasonal ingredients so that's the first part of the inspiration. Blog-wise, I adore Mimi Thorisson's blog, Manger, not only for her stunningly delicious yet simple recipes, but I love dogs! Mimi has 14 dogs and they feature in a lot of her gorgeous photos. 


- Your favourite social media platform?
Definitely Instagram. I use Facebook and Twitter as well but I'm not as good at keeping up with those! I find stuff gets lost on Twitter, and Facebook seems a bit antiquated, as well as the fact that they control how many people see your posts (or not), whereas a strong image on Instagram draws people in, and I've had a lot of blog traffic and pop up restaurant bookings from it.  


- Biggest disaster in the kitchen?
There have been a few...!! I baked a cheesecake only to realise I'd forgotten to add the sugar, so it came out like a baked egg white omelette (with blueberries and lemon curd). I've just moved house and I grilled 2 cakes a couple of weeks ago instead of baking them and that didn't work out so well either! 


- Favourite spot for a coffee?
My favourite coffee is from Flat White on Berwick Street, but I'm such a coffee fiend, that it's normally the nearest place serving it that's my favourite, though I do avoid Starbucks and all those other chains, and will always try and find a more independent cafĂ© to get my coffee fix from.

- Favourite food photo you've taken?
This is a tough one! I try and make my photos better all the time, but I think it's the ones I've just snapped quickly which have come out best. I use these 2 in a lot of my promotional material as I love the colour contrasts and the level of detail in each.
 
 
 


- What would you say was your most successful blog post and why?
There's a few posts that have had a lot more hits than others. I think mainly ones where I've reviewed something that costs quite a lot of money, such as The Ginger Pig butchery course, or the Michelin star Kitchen Table at Bubbledogs - as people like to read up on these things before they spend their own money on them. My Eating in Seville post was also popular, I think for similar reasons.


One of the posts that I'm really pleased has had a lot of hits was the post I've wrote on behalf of Action Aid, who I'm a blog ambassador for. I wrote about their Enough Food If campaign and it seemed to capture a lot of people's attention as it's had a lot of hits.

- Now nominate three food bloggers you’d like to get to know more:
I nominate the lovely Cygnet Kitchen, Sam the Food Fan, and Emily Eats.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. So many yummy food pictures, enjoyed reading this. The slow cooked pork sounds divine. I have mine to write and looking forward to sharing. The magi mix sounds like a great kitchen friend Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't cook without my magimix... well I could, it would just take a lot longer!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I'm really enjoying the #fdbloggersGTK series as I love finding out more about why people started blogging etc... yeah, I'm a bit of a stalker! Looking forward to coming to one of your supper clubs soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be great to see you at a supper club :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Love the full plate of chicken and rice (with some lemon of course!). Those kinds of shots always make my mouth water. Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig