13.2.15

COCKTAILS FOR VALENTINES

There's so much hype around Valentine's Day nowadays. I think a lot of it is commercial nonsense, with companies looking for an excuse to make an extra buck in a quiet time of year (errr... mine included?!?! I'm doing a pop up on Valentine's though it won't be any different to my normal pop ups, so no pink heart balloons or tacky decorations in sight!) But it is also a nice day to spend with your loved one, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune to have a good time. So rather than go out to a restaurant where you'll be packed in with tons of other cosy couples whispering sweet nothings into each others ears, why not stay home, cook each other some delicious food, and whip up some fancy cocktails? I've got a few of my favourite recipes for you here, one of which I'm serving at my pop up, as I like to welcome guests with something boozy when they arrive.

First up is a cocktail that uses 2 new drinks ingredients I've recently discovered. I call it the Wild Honey Ginger Apple.....

50ml The Wild Geese Irish Honey Liqueur - a delicious, sweet spirit made using Irish Whiskey and Irish honey - delicious in this mix, but also so good on it's own or on ice
50ml James White Bramley Apple Juice - a dry, crisp 100% filtered juice made with apples from British orchards
50ml ginger beer
1 lime

In a cocktail shaker mix all the ingredients together, including the juice of 1 lime. Pour into a glass and serve on its own, or over ice. Decorate the glass with some slices of apple, or even better, if you have a heart shaped pastry cutter, stamp out some hearts and put these on the side of the glass. So rom!!

 




 
Next is something a bit more playful, the You and Me Cooler. Late Night London have teamed up with Jelly Belly to create a cocktail that tastes exactly like the pomegranate Jelly Belly sweet. The You and Me Cooler is being served throughout February at all of Late Night London's venues, but if you don't fancy venturing out, I've got the recipe for you here.

50ml Grey Goose L'Citron - one of my personal favourite vodkas
50ml James White cox apple juice
10ml Grenadine
15ml passion fruit syrup
15ml lime juice
10 mint leaves
Pomegranate Jelly Bellys

Shake all the liquid ingredients together, pour over crushed ice in a tall glass and garnish with the mint and Jelly Bellys.


The last cocktail recipe I've got for you is the one I'll be serving at tomorrow's pop up. It's fruity and bubbly with a strong kick - perfect for a Valentine's dinner.

50cl Smirnoff vodka
Juice of half a blood orange
Juice of 1 passion fruit
50cl cloudy lemonade
100cl prosecco

Shake the vodka, blood orange and passion fruit juice. Pour into a large wine glass and top up with lemonade and prosecco.

Have a lovely Valentine's day whatever you're doing.
 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Yum! These cocktails sound delish, and are perfect for Valentine's Day! I love idea of cutting out heart shapes from slices of apple - how adorable!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miranda! As you know from my pop ups I'm heart shape obsessed all year, not just for Valentine's day!!! :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. These look and sound delish !
    Heart shaped fruits? Nice touch :)


    Have a fabulous weekend,
    Hayley x

    http://thelifestylemenu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! Might even whip out the heart cutter again tomorrow for the pop up....!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Simple but delicious! I never say no to cocktails! I am a total sucker for valentines day haha!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a cocktail - such a nice way to start the evening :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. These sound too good! I recently went to an event with a little taster cocktail making class and since then have been experimenting, so these are getting pinned! xx
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh nice, I'd love to do a class in cocktail making, I just make them up as I go!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Great cocktails I bet the apple and honey are a great combination the additions of the apples on the side are really sweet. Agree with you that Valentines Day is so commercial I think people should make more effort all year round rather than just one day Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That honey liqueur is incredible - seriously good with apple, but also amazing on its own.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig