19.2.15

A LITTLE #HEADTOTAIL LUSCIOUSNESS

As I'm sure all of my regular readers know, I do pop up restaurants. I started doing them in November 2013 and have done public events monthly since then (I also get booked to do private catering events which I do about once a month as well). When I started doing my pop up supper clubs, I had no idea that they'd go so well. It absolutely astounds me that I'm currently the top reviewed chef on the Grub Club website - which has actually just been revamped, and is looking amazing, so do check it out!

My next pop up date is Saturday 14th March and is in conjunction with Head to Tail week - a week long food event that's dedicated to highlighting the importance of eating all cuts of meat, not just the regular ones you find pre-packed in supermarket aisles. With that in mind I've put together a menu that includes liver, tail and cheek and offers something a bit different. Whilst sticking to the brief I've chosen accessible cuts of meat that I think most people will enjoy eating. I only ever serve food that I love so that's what I've based my menu on though I've also taken into account that a lot of potential customers are not necessarily as much as an omnivore as me! Having said that, if you'd like to come to this pop up and don't fancy or can't eat something on my menu please don't let that put you off - when you book via Grub Club there's a comments section where you can mention which course(s) you don't like/can't eat, and I can make an alternative menu for you. I make everything on the menu myself, including the bread, biscuits and all the sauces, using the best quality, British (where possible) ingredients that I can find.

Welcome cocktail
 
Chicken & duck liver pate topped with madeira jelly, scorched duck hearts, raisin puree & homemade bread
 
Oxtail and ox cheek, leeks, wild garlic & flageolet beans, purple sprouting broccoli, parsnip puree
 
Lemon posset with rhubarb jam and shortbread biscuits
 
Montgomery cheeseboard, homemade chutney, seeded crackers
 
COFFEE and HERBAL TEAS: Served with homemade chocolates
 
My pop up supper clubs and fun and food filled evenings that attract guests from all over London and all walks of life. They are bring your own booze so you can pick up a nice of bottle of wine, or whatever you fancy and bring it with you to drink on the night. I provide a welcome cocktail and soft drinks for those who want them. The pop ups take place at our house in Acton Town and everyone sits round 1 big table in our living room, where we also have a juke box to keep you entertained!

Tickets for the Saturday 14th March are £35 each and available to book here. If you can't make this date but want to keep up with what I'm doing and future dates then you can follow me on Grub Club to receive updates on new events.  

Hope to see some of you at my next pop up, and here's some photos from my last event to wet your appetite - the bottom 3 photos are nicked from the lovely Miranda's Notebook blog, who very sweetly wrote about my pop up after attending.

 
 

 

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Really love this idea of a pop-up restaurant in your home :-)

    www.honeybourneline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseann - hope you can make it one one day :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Very proud to see my photos on your blog!! You deserve all the success you're getting Rosie - you're such a fabulous cook, and I loved going to your pop up - it was so fun! This menu sounds amazing - wish I were free that Saturday!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking such great photos! And for letting me pinch them :)

      R xx

      Delete
  3. Yummy, I really love eatting different cuts of meat. I have been pleasantly suprised by many cuts that I wouldn't normally eat. Favouirte has to be ox cheek Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come Lucy!! Would be fab to see you at one of my pop ups :) I'm such a fan of the 'other' cuts.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig