18.3.14

SQUID INK, SPINACH, PESTO & SEA BASS

I wasn't actually going to post this recipe up on my blog - it was just something I threw together for a weekday supper for me and the boy, and the title of it's a bit long winded. But the photo I posted on Instagram of our meal went down a treat, so I thought I'd put the recipe up here in case any of you want to make it.

You can substitute any ingredients you don't have for what you do have - my recipe was influenced by the contents of my fridge!

Serves 2:

150g squid ink spaghetti
50g spinach pasta

Handful frozen peas
2 tbsp pesto - I used Pisco pesto (I think that's what it's called, although can't find any info online about them), which was a homemade brand I picked up at Battersea car boot sale at the weekend
Packet of spinach
Lemon juice
Black pepper

2 fillets of sea bass

Get 2 pans of water on to boil - 1 large for the pasta, one smaller for the peas. 

Add salt to the larger pan once boiling and add your pasta. This needs to boil for 10 minutes. In the meantime, add the peas to the small pan, and boil for 1 minute, then drain and leave to one side. 

Heat a frying pan until hot, rub the sea bass fillets with olive oil and season. Place in the frying pan, skin side down and cook for a couple of minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy, and the fish is cooking through. Flip the fillets and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.

When the pasta is cooked (taste to check it's to your liking), drain, leaving a tiny amount of the cooking water, and return to the heat. Turn the heat right down and add the bag of spinach, stirring it through the pasta until it has wilted. Add 2 tablespoons of pesto and the peas and continue to stir. I drizzled some really nice olive oil through the pasta at this point as well; just to loosen the whole thing up a bit.

Put the pasta in shallow bowls and the fillet of fish on top. Squeeze a nice amount of lemon juice over the whole thing, and serve. A perfect, quick weekday dinner for 2!

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks so yummy! I'm glad you did post the recipe, I'll be making this next weekend :) xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Friends, Travel, Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, well hope you enjoy! It's such a fresh tasting dish :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. The recipe is right up my street and your photo is gorgeous. Great angles.
    Lots of love,
    Angie
    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a go at making it Angie!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing!! It puts our pastas to shame! We'll have to give this recipe a go, we've actually never tried squid ink spaghetti before, so we'd love to see what that's like!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do try it out (and let me know how you get on if you do!) - I got my squid ink spaghetti from Carluccio's but I think it's pretty readily available...

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. You have some pretty amazing ingredients 'lying around' in your fridge hun! This looks delicious. Gutted my boyfriend is allergic to fish!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I bought the squid ink spaghetti a few weeks ago (dry version obvs!) and then had picked up the pesto at Battersea car boot :) I think this recipe would still be nice if you just used Spinach pasta and omitted the fillets of sea bass. That's a shame though as it must limit what you can cook for him a little!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. This look amazing! I'm going shopping to find spinach pasta tomorrow! I had no idea it existed! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the spinach pasta much nicer than normal pasta in terms of taste and texture. I get mine from ocado but pretty sure sainsburys sell it too.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig