30.12.15

TOP 10 RESTAURANTS 2015

Over the past year I've reviewed over 60(!) restaurants on this little blog of mine, and have eaten at a whole load more. Some not so great, so they didn't make it on to here, and some were incredible but I didn't want to take my camera with me so they didn't get reviewed. They may well do in the future as a lot warrant a second or third visit! Then there are others I've eaten at abroad which haven't made it up here.

So in no particular order, here are my top 10. They're all (except 110) linked to the original review I wrote so you can read about each in more detail:

Kricket - maybe my favourite restaurant this year, Kricket is nestled away upstairs in Pop Brixton. There's eight small dishes on the Indian inspired menu. Order them all, and maybe two portions of the Keralan fried chicken with curry mayo.

Smokehouse - choose between the Chiswick branch or the Islington one for slow cooked, smoked meats served with Asian inspired sauces. Must try dishes are the tacos on the starter menu (they alternate between pork and goat) and the smoked lamb shoulder with sambal and raclette.

Hoppers - super affordable and really excellent Sri Lankan food in the heart of Soho. Get there early to get your name in the queue as there's no reservations.

Paradise Garage - Robin Gill, of Clapham's Dairy and Manor's new-ish venture in Bethnal Green lives up to the hype. Go with as many people as possible so you can order one of everything on the menu!

The Providores and Tapa Room - two restaurants in one on Marylebone High Street and both worth visiting. Small fusion sharing plates (and a killer brunch menu) at The Tapa Room and more formal dining upstairs at The Providores.

The Kitchen Table - Michelin starred tasting menu behind Bubbledogs in Fitzrovia. Book with a big group and spend a fascinating evening sitting round the kitchen area watching your 15 course meal be prepared.

Rex and Mariano - sadly this Soho restaurant has closed down now, but has been replaced by Zelman Meats, which I'm yet to try but is definitely on the list for 2016!

HKK - Michelin starred Chinese food near Liverpool Street. Splash out on the tasting menu to really experience what this place offers, or for a cheaper option there's a duck and champagne brunch on Saturday afternoons.

London Foodie supper club - Nikkei cuisine at its finest in Luiz's beautiful home in Islington.

Les 110 de Taillevent - not reviewed on here, but a fantastic French restaurant on Cavendish Square that does wonderful food and excellent paired wines by the glass.

And finally, my personal favourite recipe of the year from my blog is buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese sauce - so quick, easy and cheap to make, anyone you cook these for will love you a lot!!

Happy 2016!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hoppers and Smokehouse are on my list and I loved HKK. A shame about Rex and Mariano though, I loved that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great, enjoy when you go! I know, so sad about R&M, though I am looking forward to trying Zelman soon.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. You did more than 60 reviews? You are an amazing blogging machine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's just the restaurants Frankie... plenty more bar/drink reviews on it too!! Eek!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Rosie! I have no idea how you manage to stay so slim ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Lou! It's all about what I eat (or don't!) when I'm not reviewing....

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Ooo so many of these I haven't been to - adding to my restaurant list :) Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig