12.6.15

GET UP & GLOW SMOOTHIE

Sometimes we all need a bit of boost. Whether it's a green juice to detox, some nice face cream to encourage happy skin or a smoothie made of your favourite fruit and veg to give that extra bit of energy you need. I love the idea of smoothies as they're a kind of all in one, providing a great dose of vitamins and minerals to start your day as well as filling you up - a good smoothie for breakfast can keep me going til lunchtime. You can make smoothies with whatever you want, fruit and veg wise, but I would avoid using sugary, flavoured yoghurt and fruit juices, as they are both high in sugar so you may slump after the initial sugar rush. This is my current favourite, but you can make it with whatever you have at home. I add half a scoop of matcha powder per serving as well - a ground up green tea that's known for its health benefits, as it contains a high amount of flavonoids which have an antioxidant effect. Matcha is also known to increase energy levels and alertness, so perfect for first thing in the morning!


Makes enough for 2 quite large smoothies

1 mango, peeled
1 avocado, peeled
Handful of baby spinach leaves
Large handful of seasonal berries - strawberries and blueberries in this case
Small tub natural yoghurt
1 glass unsweetened coconut water
1 scoop matcha powder

Normally I'd chuck everything in the nutribullet and whizz it up, but that was at the boy's office so I put everything in the magimix instead and blended it. I then finished it off with the stick blender in a bowl to make sure everything was pureed.

It's not a looker of a drink, but it got drunk so quickly that we barely noticed what it looked like, and when it's that good for you, looks are less important!

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love smoothies, as they are an easy way to get fruit and veg in one shot. I use virtual greens but this looks good. I love tea pigs tea bags so this should be good Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The matcha is great - I didn't think I would, but I do really find it gives me a great energy boost, and it makes my drinks less powdery than other green powders.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. That smoothie sounds so perfect as a boost in the mornings.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great Lizzie, and can totally be adjusted to use whatever you've got in the fridge/fruit bowl.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Just got a tin of matcha (my first one) and will def be borrowing this recipe! Thanks for the share x

    Mehreen A | wrapyourlipsaroundthis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab!! I really like it as it so much less chalky than other powders I've used for smoothies so really can be added to any combo - I'll be posting a few more slightly different ideas of what to do with it soon so watch out for those.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. I just got a nutribullet for my birthday. Trying to get used to the thicker 'smoothie' drinks. I definitely prefer the juice I get from a standard juicer but I hate that it wastes so much of the food in the process of extracting the juice. The nutribullet is so good for using up every last bit of the food and not wasting anything (saving lots of money on grocery shopping too!) I'll have to give this one a whirl !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know how much G loves gadgets - he came home with a nutribullet and I quizzed him about another gadget he was bringing home, but I use it ALL the time! I hate the waste/cleaning from juicers too, and now love the nutribullet. I just add more coconut water to thin out the smoothies as I don't like them too thick either.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig