5.6.15

BOOM BURGER, PORTOBELLO

Yes, this is the 4th restaurant review in a row on my blog, and no, I'm not really sorry! I've been eating out a LOT recently and I don't want you to miss out on any of the amazing places I've sampled. Today's offering is straightforward, affordable and unmissable.

Boom Burger is a tiny place on Portobello Road, under the flyover, that's a little piece of Jamaica in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Portobello. There are 2 tables inside, and a few more outside, and if there's a queue, get in it and wait because it's so worth it. Boom Burger combines the spicy flavours of the Caribbean with the best quality, British bred meat to create absolutely delicious burgers and sides. The menu is straight forward (ish) - you can choose from 7 types of burger, including veggie (sweet potato), Dutty Butty (bacon and egg), Fish Boom (pan fried fish of the day), and Shrimp Boom (Jamaican peppered shrimp). We went mainstream though, sharing the Boom Burger (their signature beef burger cooked medium rare with melted cheese and bacon jam) and the Jerk Boom (Jerk chicken thigh, fried plantain, rocket, mango and pawpaw sauce). Both were heavenly. And impossible to choose between - next time I go I'm having some of both, again!
 
 


We filled the rest of the table with "one of everything" from the sides.... Jerk wings, marinated in their house Jerk sauce, half of which were breaded, the other half not. Juicy little morsels of excellent quality chicken, those that we didn't finish ended up on my breakfast plate the next day.


Stamp and Go salt fish chilli and herb fritters, again, just so good. Juicy and firm and just the right side of spicy, these also made it to breakfast the next day (we only had leftovers as we had ordered all the food!)


The addition of two types of chips was wholly unnecessary but we got them all the same. You can have regular French fries or plantain fries - go for plantain, you can get French fries elsewhere. The plantain is cut into thick wedges and dipped in their chilli mayo is carb heaven.


You can taste the quality of the food and the love that's gone into making it, and with burgers ranging from £7-9, and sides coming in at a lot less, you have to try Boom Burger. And if Portobello's too far to get to, and you live in South London, then lucky you, as they're about to open a 2nd site in Brixton, so watch this space!!

Thanks for the invite Lou, I can't wait to go back for more. Click to add a blog post for Boom Burger on Zomato
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Rosieeeeee! I can't take this post. I want the Fish Boom and Jerk Boom in my life stat! I absolutely LOVE plaintain as well and any good spruced up mayo to dip a big fat carb into has my heart. Want and need. Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You need to check out Boom Burger Andrea, so good!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Burger and Plantain chips - my idea of heaven! R

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great though I'd avoid the plantain chips - can't stand the stuff! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally a fan either Chloe but these were excellent.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds sooo good! I'm very happy about the amount of fish options on the menu too! Sometimes I just really fancy a good quality fish burger but they can be so hard to find xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to have fish too, definitely going back for the shrimp burger.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! I'm all for delicious restaurant reviews. I do love eating around Portobello, so now I know where I'm going next time I'm in that bit of London! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Enjoy Jasmin! I'm going back soon too :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow so much food, it all looks so food. I can see why you would want to eat this cheekily for breakfast Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, soooo much food! I don't think we really needed ALL the sides! But we made a pretty good dent in it and as you said, perfect for breakfast the next day too :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig