15.4.15

VITA COCO CAFE #LESSBREWINGMOREDOING

Lots of people think I'm strange - for as long as I can remember I've drunk my coffee cold. Double espresso either left on my desk for half an hour until it's chilled down, or even better, poured over a glass of ice after adding a little sugar and sometimes a splash of cream. I don't like hot drinks - I don't even drink tea, which again, is something people can't get their heads round! Another of my favourite drinks is coconut water. I love it.... Not only is it delicious, it's an excellent hangover cure (especially followed by a cold coffee!) as it contains natural versions of the healing and hydrating electrolytes calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and more potassium than a banana - all of which are found in their unnatural form in many "hangover cure" drinks, such as Gatorade and Lucozade - it doesn't contain refined sugars or additives, and it has lots of vitamin C - all of which also contribute to its excellent health benefits. I love making smoothies with coconut water as the liquid base - my current favourite being a handful of spinach, a teaspoon of moringa powder, a few frozen berries, quarter of a cucumber and coconut water to top up. Coconut water really is an amazing drink.

Vita Coco make millions of litres of coconut water every year. The young coconuts are picked and cracked at source, in South America, then cleaned and the "water" taken out of them and flash pasteurised. From tree to carton is less than 3 days.

Vita Coco make various flavoured coconut waters, where natural fruit pulp (lemon, orange, pineapple or peach and mango) is added to the water and they also do coffee versions of my favourite coconut drink, where coconut water is mixed with espresso, a little reduced fat milk and evaporated cane juice for a little added sweetness. Served cold over ice, this is the most refreshing drink and one I can't get enough of. It's sweet enough but strong with coffee, and there's also a mocha flavour that's got a touch of cocoa added and tastes exactly like chocolate milkshake!


You can get your hands on some of the delicious Vita Coco Café today in London - there's some lovely people dishing it out around Finsbury Park today, and next Wednesday they'll be in Soho's Golden Square, so let's hope the sun stays out, and you can go and grab your free carton of Vita Coco Café and spend less time brewing, more time doing!!


 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love vita coco, but I've never tried that flavoured ones!

    I can't believe you drink coffee cold. Can't think of anything worse!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold coffee's great!! Though I think I'll have a hard time convincing most people of that! haha!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I don't drink a lot of coffee (and very rarely tea) but I love coffee flavoured stuff and iced coffees in the summer so will definitely keep an eye out for this healthy little addition to the market!

    Becks xo
    thenotsosecretdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you do - it's such a refreshing drink and perfect for sunny days :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. As an American (from just south of Seattle, nonetheless!), I almost always drink my coffee iced or cold! I do love Vita Coco and am addicted to the original flavor, though I have grabbed a coffee carton on my way to work now and then! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cold coffee and coconut water are the BEST!! :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Literally sat here drinking a Vita Coco Cafe Latte and this post made me want to go out and get the rest! I think coconut is the best flavour ever! And I adore cold coffee too, even in winter! I get the strangest of looks when ordering an ice frappe in Cafe Nero mid December!
    Great photos!

    Faye

    www.fayelavie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold coffee's the only way!! I know, I ask for ice with espressos and get pretty strange looks....!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig