26.12.14

PIZZA UNION

Who doesn't love a pizza?! It's probably the go-to "naughty" food that I eat the most, because crispy base and melty cheese = heaven! So I popped into Pizza Union near Liverpool Street last week to give their offerings a try. And they're so good that I have to tell you about them!

Pizza Union is tucked between Bishopsgate and Commercial Street near Shoreditch in East London. It's a huge space with a massive pizza oven where they promise superfast 12" pizzas, ready in 3 minutes! And that's exactly what they do. You order and pay at the counter, take a buzzer with you and within 3 minutes the buzzer starts flashing and your pizza is ready to collect. I went with Hugo; I ordered the Formaggi (tomato sauce, mozzarella, mascarpone, gorgonzola and parmesan) with extra artichokes and pepperoni, and Hugo had the Carne (tomato sauce, mozzarella, beef, chicken, pepperoni and onions). The bases are super thin, and crunchy at the edges, and the toppings plentiful and delicious. It was up there with some of the best pizzas I've tried. And they're super cheap too - they were £6.50 each!






We shared a Verdura salad (rocket, tomato, mushrooms, mixed peppers, black olives and parmesan) that was lovely and fresh. I love the way they'd kept the olives whole (minus the stones) as so often salads served in pizza places look like a mix of pizza toppings but this looked like a dish on its own.


We couldn't resist trying the dolce pizza ring puddings, and shared the Caramello (salted caramel, peanuts, chocolate and mascarpone). What a revelation! So delicious, and oozy and naughty! They're made with pizza dough that's super thin and wrapped round the fillings to create a pizza-doughnut type pudding. And at £3.95 they're also amazingly good value. And they're so good that next time I'm in the area I am definitely going back for more - I plan to slowly work my way through their entire pizza and dolce menu - the other dolces are nutella and mascarpone and coconut, chocolate and mascarpone. Pizza Union also do a gluten free pizza dough for those of you with gluten intolerances.


For more info and to see the full menu, visit the Pizza Union website here.

Click to add a blog post for Pizza Union on Zomato

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Who doesn't love pizza. I haven't tried pizza Union my go to in london is pizza east but your pictures look tasty so will give it a go when next in this part of town Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try it - imo it wins over Pizza East, and much faster food too. And less kids - so many kids every time I go to Pizza East!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough, I'm really not a huge fan of pizza! The only one I like is from Pizza Express - the goats cheese and caramelised onion one with spinach! Now that is delicious! I have to say that the pudding pizza looks pretty good!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I thought everyone liked pizza haha!! The pudding pizza was so good, you should go there to try that even if you don't like normal pizza!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the best pizza. This place looks insanely good (and nice and cheap!) - how would you say it compares to Homeslice or Franco Manca?? Those are currently my faves :) (I've also written reviews of both on my blog in case you haven't been!) Lots of love, Andrea xxxx

    www.andreaspassions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check these guys out then. Really good - less "rustic" than Franco Manca and better value than Homeslice, though I love all 3 - so no need to choose! More pizza is better pizza!!! Will have a look at your reviews too.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig