4.8.14

THE APPLE TREE - PATISSERIE IN ACTON!

I live in Acton. It's not the most happening place in the world, and the little strip of shops near where I live used to be made up of a few grotty corner shops, an electrics shop, a funeral parlour (!) and not much else. In the last year however we've had a mini Sainsburys open, as well as a really good fish and chip shop, and most recently a great pizza place that does small pizzas for a very reasonable £4 each. And then a few weeks ago I noticed something else had appeared - a tiny café called The Apple Tree. We popped in for a chat with the owners and to see what they were selling, and I was thrilled to find out that they sell fresh juices and patisserie cakes! I would've never thought we could get such nice cakes right at the top of our road, but now we can. I must've been in nearly 10 times since they opened as they are now my go to for cakes to take to parties, or just for a lazy pudding to have at home on the rare occasions I really crave something sweet.

The Apple Tree is run by a lovely husband and wife team, and the wife's mother makes most of the cakes at her local bakery. They sell a wide range of biscuits, tarts, cream cakes and slices, and also do sandwiches during the week. They've got good, proper coffee, fresh juices, and my favourite, a frozen lemonade which is like a fresh lemon slushy - perfect for the hot weather.

I picked up a few cakes for a friend's baby shower yesterday and they all got eaten, so that can only be a good sign! I snapped a few photos of some of what's on offer, but just with my iPhone so excuse the quality.

Crunchy buttery biscuits - think delicious homemade jammy dodgers:

 
Fruit tarts with crème patisserie - so good with all the summer fruits:

 
Coffee cake - gorgeous coffee flavoured cream, topped with broken biscuits and chocolate:

 
Layers of moist honey cake filled with cream:


And the selection I bought for yesterday's party (just a few!) - the chocolate mousse cups and the apple crumble slice were especially popular:


So if you're ever in Acton Town (!?) do go grab yourself some treats from The Apple Tree - they're right between the 2 tube station entrances. I know it's unlikely that anyone would be hanging out in Acton Town, but it is on the Piccadilly line back from Heathrow so you could always just jump off for cake!! Their opening hours are Mon to Fri 6am - 7pm / Sat 8am - 7pm / Sun 10am - 5pm.
 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Good coffee, good cake, fresh juice...... sounds like my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND 5 minutes walk from my house - so perfect!!

      R xx

      Delete
  2. I live in Ealing! so it's great to find places nearby that I wouldn't have otherwise - thank you! it looks like a delicious little place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant :) you must check it out then - really good cakes, coffee and juices! I also can't wait for the Ealing Park Tavern to reopen but there's a while to wait for that I think....

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Love this place, great coffee, very professional and friendly staff. The baguettes are a lovely lunchtime treat and their cinnamon cake is especially tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't tried the cinnamon cake, will have to get some this weekend!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Hey :)
    Do they have many vegetarian/vegan options?

    ReplyDelete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig