13.4.13

COCK N DOODLE WITH MUMMA SCHNITZEL

Last Friday I spent the first vaguely sunny evening of the year on a rooftop in London Bridge. With the last of the sun’s rays shining through, I joined about a hundred others at Mumma Schnitzel’s latest venture. I had heard of Mumma Schnitzel before, as they’ve popped up at various street food events over the past year or so, but I hadn’t actually got round to trying their food myself. I was really impressed!


The Cock-N-Doodle evening was put on by Platterform, who bring food, drink and entertainment together to create pop up food events (www.platterform.com). This time, it was cocktails, Mumma Schnitzel’s chicken and a doodle wall to draw on. Mumma Schnitzel is run by 2 brothers and one of their girlfriends, who are a really lovely bunch. It was really nice to meet not only these chicken wizards, but their mum’s too, which felt wholly appropriate given the name of the venture!


Tickets for the event cost £15 and this included a cocktail on arrival, chicken schnitzel bun and sides, and a Mumma’s 99er for pudding.

The evening took place at the Skyroom, between London and Tower Bridge, on a 5th floor rooftop with amazing views. I started off with a Jerk n Stormy cock-tail, which was Pampero Especial rum with Jamaican Jerk bitters, lime and ginger beer – my perfect kind of drink!!
 



I was too hungry to wait for everyone to arrive, so I got in early with my order (it was pretty busy there for most of the evening), and tucked into my excellent and juicy chicken schnitzel burger, with crispy, skin-on fries and beautifully prepared winter coleslaw. The food was not only really good value, but super delicious! All the chicken Mumma Schnitzel use comes from free-range butchers, H  G Walter (www.hgwalter.com), who I’m pleased to have discovered as they’re not far from me, and also do home delivery of their products.





The next time Mumma Schnitzel will be at the Skyroom is Friday 3rd May, so make sure you get down there to try out their fantastic food. Take a few mates, and you’ve got a perfect Friday evening spot - fill your bellies before donning the dancing shoes!! Get your tickets at www.grubclub.com/cock-N-doodle or for more info on Mumma Schnitzel check out www.mummaschnitzel.co.uk.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. The food looks great, especially the coleslaw. For a great price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessa,

      The food was really great, I was very pleasantly surprised!! Do try and get down there for their next event, it's definitely worth it!

      R x

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig