9.11.16

LE BUN, DALSTON

I'm a big fan of Le Bun. I discovered their burgers a couple of years ago and they're one of the few places I'll go for a burger in London. They kept my sustenance levels up at Wilderness, and now they've got a residency at Birthdays in Dalston, so obviously I had to go and check that their food is still as good as I remember it being (it's been a few months). I'm happy to say it is, and not only is it as good, it's actually better - there's more on the menu (Le Mac, chicken burgers, vegan "burgers", ridiculously good chicken wings) AND you can get upgrades to any of these by asking for L'Animal style. 

To really test out the L'Animal upgrade I had the regular truffle cheeseburger L'Animal style, which means more of everything. More cheese, more of that heavenly truffle mayo, more onions = more deliciousness. The same goes for the fries, but they don't photograph so well so you'll just have to imagine them doused in truffly mayo and melty cheese. 




Damn fine chicken wings were a side I didn't really need but we devoured anyway. Crispy, fiery, juicy, and dunked in Le Bun's roquefort mayonaisse, I could eat a whole plate of them right now. You get a lot for your money too - £7 for all of these. 



Lucy tried out the "Fucking Vegans" (their words, not mine, I promise!) Piles of charred fennel and shallot topped smoked beetroot and olive oil puree on slices of baguette. I personally wouldn't go to Le Bun and order it, cos I'm not a vegan and I adore their meat offerings, but I imagine if you are then it's a pretty good option on an otherwise meaty menu. 



If you're after one of London's best burgers made with top quality ingredients, head to Le Bun. Apparently they're doing brunch now too, which I might even trek across London for, because look at this beauty on their Instagram. Le Bun, I love you, and I'm so glad you've got a semi permanent residence I can go to to get my burger fill!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ugh truffle mayo and cheese.. I'm drooling! Although I am actually trying to transition into veganism so I suppose the "Fucking vegans" sounds alright too :) smoked beetroot, yum!! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua | Life, Travel, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about Le Bun, deffoes going on my return home 8-) Love AP xo

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you do Andrea, it's bloomin amazing.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Gah truffle cheeseburger! And gah truffley mayo cheesy fries! It's probably a good thing there's no picture of those else I'd be crazed with lust right now ;) x

    Tamsin | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extra truffle and mayo and cheese are SO good!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig