19.9.16

RECENT EATS....

So many restaurants, so little time! I've eaten out a fair few times over the last month or so - places I've been to before and can't help myself going back to over and over again, new places I've been invited to review, and long leisurely dinners with girlfriends. Here's a quick round up of where I've been and what's good. Starting with my favourite....

Kricket, Brixton

I've been several times now, and will go again and again. The small plates of Indian inspired food are right up there with my idea of food heaven. I'd heard rumour of a new menu so headed to Brixton with Emily and Lou to eat one of everything on the menu, as we always do when we go to Kricket. And as always, not a single bad dish, but highlights included crab meen moiliee with bitter leaves, curry leaves, coconut and peanut; Lasooni scallop with green chilli, garlic, poha and seaweed, and Goan sausage fry with red onion, peanut, coriander and pickled fennel. Look out for their new site opening opposite Brasserie Zedel in Soho in November. 





Mestizo, Camden

Despite having lived in Camden for a year (many years ago) I never knew Mestizo existed, though it's been where it is for 12 years. I went along for a preview of their ten course menu for Mexican Independence Day and supped on margaritas and ate all the food, which is really traditional Mexican food. We had tamales, empanadas, stews, soups and all sorts of deliciousness.




Bocconcino, Mayfair

Talking of authentic food, I had the best lobster linguine I've ever tried last month. Italian restaurant Bocconcino is in the heart of Mayfair and is split into two main areas once you step inside. We sat downstairs, slurped up linguine, ate burrata and red Sicilian prawns and had wonderful wines to match. It's certainly on the treat side of restaurant prices but worth the extra few pounds for that linguine.


Rosa's, Victoria

Thai restaurant Rosa's opened their seventh London site in Victoria earlier this summer. I spent an evening testing out their cocktails (kaffir lime and mint toreador made with tequila, apricot liqueur, kaffir lime and mint syrup was my favourite) and some of their new and old dishes, including pineapple fried rice, beef mussaman curry and papaya salad. A great destination for good value, authentic Thai food anywhere in London.




Petit Pois

An early birthday celebration with Lucy saw us heading East to the newly opened and raved about Petit Pois. A short menu of French classics offers no room for error, and we gorged on mussels, creamy dauphinoise, confit duck, oysters and sole meuniere. Quick, easy and delicious, it's worth a visit if you're in the area. Great wine list too.



The Culpeper

Last on the list for today is The Culpeper, also in East London. We went on Friday night for a girlie catch up and shared all the things, including ham and figs, burrata and octopus for starters, then an actual sharing plate of beef, confit potatoes and cabbage for mains. All utterly indulgent and a wonderful meal to sit and chat and gossip over. Great food, but also a great vibe and a brilliant destination eatery as you can have cocktails on the rooftop, dinner in the restaurant and drinks afterwards in the pub downstairs. I've been before, and I'm sure I'll be back again.


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. So many good restaurants in London at the moment - not enough time or space to fit them all in!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I've yet to get my ass off to Kricket, but I may just wait until they open in Central! I love that lobster linguine from Bocconcino too!

    Honey x The Girl Next Shore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO TO KRICKET! Or come with me to Kricket?

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'd so love to see a review from you on Petit Pois! It's firmly on my list after all the restaurant critics have been raving about it, but I'd love to know what you thought of the entire meal :) x

    Tamsin | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked PP. Didn't love it though. I think my expectations were waaaaaaaay too high after reading all the raving reviews. I've got high standards though so maybe just being a bit mean!! haha!

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig