16.10.15

BREAKFAST AT LIMA FLORAL, COVENT GARDEN

As I eat out a lot in the evenings I try and eat as healthily as possible during the day to balance it out. That means a banana for breakfast and greens or salad for lunch. For me, this works well and means I can indulge in the evenings without feeling guilty. However, an invite to Lima Floral for breakfast looked too good to turn down, so Lucy and I went to check out their new morning menu. Lima Floral is the sister restaurant to Michelin starred Lima, and is on Floral Street in Covent Garden. They've just launched a new breakfast menu taking inspiration from the Peruvian flavours of their main menu.

We started with coffee and fresh orange juice. Both were great, and exactly what was needed that early in the morning.


For food we decided to order a main dish each, and shared another dish, as the Andean cereal porridge looked too good to miss out on. As I don't drink milk I don't normally go for porridge but this is made with quinoa, kiwicha (a gluten free wholegrain), kaniwa (a supergrain similar to quinoa) and almond milk, and served with chancaca syrup (raw unrefined sugar from sugar cane) on the side. I wasn't expecting to really like it, let alone nearly finish it! The porridge was light and nutty, and the syrup added the perfect amount of sweetness to the bowl.
 

I also had the Peruvian breakfast club sandwich - toasted yellow chilli bread filled with organic chicken, slow cooked suckling pig (which I think they didn't actually put in the sandwich as I couldn't see or taste any!) and lettuce and tomato. It also had egg in it, though that's not on the menu. Whatever was or wasn't in it, it was juicy, delicious and filling, and a great way to start the day.


Lucy had eggs frittata, made with spring onions, yellow chilli and goat's cheese, with a side of gluten free bread. It was cooked to perfection, and still slightly runny with big lumps of soft goat's cheese inside. I think they've got the portion sizes just right at Lima Floral - they weren't too big but the food was rich enough so it filled us up.


Service for brunch was slightly chaotic - there weren't many people eating there, yet we were offered coffee three times, and there didn't seem to be much communication going on between the waiters and waitresses, but I'm sure that's smoothed by now. Our bill would've come to about £15 each which is great value for a good meal to start the day. Lima Floral also do a buffet breakfast bar, with fresh fruit, pastries, yoghurts, supergrain cereals and lots more, and at the weekends there's a much more extensive brunch menu for either £18 or £30 per head, plus £10 for four glasses of prosecco. Definitely worth checking out - I'm pretty sure that prosecco, ceviche and dulce de leche are all official hangover cures!!

 LIMA Floral Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love the looks of that Peruvian porridge :)
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The porridge does sound quite nice but I'd have to go for the frittata

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were delicious - you could do what we did and have both!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Au this all looks absolutely delicious. One to add to the list!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do go if you can, definitely worth getting out of bed for!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Goodness, that looks a pretty fabulous spread! What a lovely way to start the day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Have a nice weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slightly scared of visiting LIMA/Lima Floral after my London in the Sky experience with their food, but I will say that their breakfast porridge looks nice! Glad you found it all yummy. Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be too if I was you.... though pretty sure that must've just been a blip?! I'm going back soon for the weekend brunch, so will let you know how it is.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig