6.8.15

FOOD YARD FRIDAY, ELEPHANT & CASTLE

There's a new street food market in town and having been to check it out for you, I can now report back to tell you that you have to go too! Food Yard Friday has opened in Elephant & Castle just off the top of Elephant Road, heading towards Camberwell. The market is built from shipping containers, each of which houses a different food pop up, with a seating area and DJ in the middle. There's a bar for cocktails, an award winning juice bar, and loads of different food offerings. The market isn't just open on Fridays though - you can get food throughout the week from traders including Love Fresh Vietnamese, Elephant Shack, The Frenchie, Black Acorn and Marcel & Sons.

We started with cocktails in the Longwave bar - I went for an elderflower Collins which packed a serious punch but was also lovely and refreshing.


 
We sampled various cold pressed juices from Spark Juices, who won an award for their juice last year. My favourite was the green popeye - spinach, avocado, apple and lime - I'll definitely be making this at home!


Then we got on to food. I reckon the best way to tackle Food Yard Friday is to go with a group of mates, then you can order 1 of everything from each stall and share it all between you. That way you get to sample alllll the food, as it was really tough choosing between the offerings. There's seriously good looking pizza from Elephantastic Pizza - I didn't get to try any of this but it looked divine - plentiful toppings with a really thin crust.

 

I did try the pork and prawn spring rolls from Love Fresh, which were fab. They were fresh and light and so good dipped in their homemade fish and chilli sauces. They sell pots of their chilli sauce on site and I recommend picking up on of these - they gave me a pot of their chilli sauce to take away, and I honestly can't get enough of it, it's so perfectly balanced and good with almost everything.


There was bread being freshly made for rare breed steak burgers at Elephant Shack....


The best thing I tried on the night though was the duck burger from The Frenchie. I've had their burger before but not for a while so was thrilled to be reintroduced. A soft bun holds confit duck with salad and pickles, topped with a cheese of your choice - they have blue, goats or smoked cheese. I went for smoked cheese which was melted over the top of the duck. The burger is served with duck crackling and is utterly divine, despite my awful photo!!



Food Yard Friday is open all week, and then every Friday from 5pm til late with a DJ, and is found just behind Elephant and Castle station. More info available here.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. The burger and the pizza both have me drooling - that's some seriously good looking food! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seriously good tasting food too :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. That pizza looks awesome! I was in London last week, and didn't do anything particularly foodie. I must pop this on my itinerary for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what a shame I didn't post this sooner! You should go when you're next in town.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Yum I have never tried a duck burger, sounds divine!

    https://mythoughtsthroughthelens.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, I've had it before but had forgotten just how good it was.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. This looks totally up my street - the pizza's making me drool! There are so many amazing places to eat and try new things in London, I love it!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there seems to be something new popping up every single day! This is definitely worth a visit.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. I've been instructed to have a green juice a day so this place looks great!

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That green juice was really good :) one of the best I've tried. Also, you should look up Savse juices Suze, as may be easier to track down daily - cold pressed, excellent quality juices. One of my favs.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my god Rosie... I NEED those fresh spring rolls in my life - haven't had them since Vietnam and am utterly obsessed! Can't wait to visit :) Lots of love, Andrea xxx

    Andrea's Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were wonderful Andrea - and their chilli sauce is SO good.

      Rosie xx

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig