23.9.14

WELLS FOOD FESTIVAL - 12th OCT

On Sunday 12th October there's a food festival happening in Wells, Somerset and I'm going to be there to give a talk about food blogging and pop ups!

Wells Food Festival launched last year and had over 3,500 people come along on the day. This year they're back - bigger and even better. The day focuses around showcasing local produce with a food market, lunches, talks, street food stalls and more. The day runs from 10.30-4.30 and everyone is welcome to this free event.

So, what can you expect from the day? Well first of all there's the artisan market, with over 50 stalls selling locally produced food from within 25 miles of Wells. There's locally produced organic wines, loads of Somerset cheese, flour, apples and cider, chocolates, pies, breads and sausage rolls, chillies, honey and loads more - I can't wait to roam around and buy one of everything to take back to London with me!

As well as all the stalls selling produce there'll be 13 street food vans on site selling hot food, ready to eat so you can pick up a wood fired oven pizza, a buffalo burger, veggie samosas or a plate full of Greek meze delights. But if you fancy something a bit more substantial for your Sunday lunch there are a few sit down banquets happening on the day as well.

Chef Valentina Harris is doing The Great Italian Sunday Lunch, using Somerset ingredients to cook up an Italian style feast. Tickets are £40 a head for this 5 course lunch which is sure to be an absolutely scrumptious feast.

Another option for lunch is Tom Hunt's Forgotten Feast Autumn Banquet that he's making using vegetables rejected by supermarkets for not being pretty enough, and a whole pig, fed purely on these same 'waste' vegetables. His starter of hot smoked pigeon breast with blackberry sorbet served with sourdough and truffle butter has already got my tummy rumbling! Tom Hunt's cooking is right up my street, and if you want to know why, then book a ticket for £30 each and go along and find out for yourselves. Tom is cooking his feast for 200 people, so there's plenty of tickets to go around.

If it's tea and cake you'd prefer there's afternoon tea at the banqueting room in the town hall, running from 2.45-5pm where you can pop in for hot drinks, finger sandwiches, scones and cakes. You'll also find Pearl Lowe and Trine Hahnemann signing copies of their newly released books.

The afternoon will offer the opportunity for learning as well - there's various talks and walks going on, covering subjects like foraging, truffles and how to grow great veg - full details of which can be found HERE. And from 3pm you can find me, along with 2 great bloggers - Anita, from A Lover of Creating Flavours and Vanesther of Bangers and Mash, - at the Parkes room in the town hall, doing a food bloggers workshop to talk you through starting your own blog, keeping it going and what to do with it from there. We will be there to answer all your questions and help you with anything you need blog-wise. Spaces are limited though so if you'd like to come along, then do send an email to the team.

If you are coming along, do leave me a comment below, and please do come and find me and introduce yourself - I'd love to meet you and learn your blog and/or foodie ideas!!


 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'd love to come and was fully planning on attending but last Thursday I managed to spectacularly smash my ankle and have to have 6 weeks resting up! So I can't get there anymore :-( I hope it all goes well though and I'll look forward to seeing all the pictures! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, what a shame! I hope your ankle gets better really soon and you're not too pained.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
    2. I could piggy back you around if you like?? Although I'm pretty clumsy, couldn't promise no ankle bashing!
      M x

      Delete
    3. Ha, I reckon we could make quite a comedy performance together! Probably best not to go down that route though, it could end spectacularly badly! :-) xx

      Delete
    4. I would love to see that! Although maybe not the best idea...!! Hope you're not too bored stuck at home :(

      R xx

      Delete
  2. Well if I wasn't already excited enough about this!
    Really REALLY hope to get there.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You should come! Going to be such a fun day, and so much good food on offer :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds amazing, hope your talk goes well

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suze - I'm pretty nervous about it!!!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosie,

    I really wanted to attend the workshop, but unfortunately I am trading instead! I wanted to come to get some 'increasing traffic' advice from you all!!

    I am in the local producers area trading, so if you happen to be doing some pre-workshop perusing, then drop by! Im trading for Fussels Fine Foods (rapeseed oil).

    Have a good day!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      That's a shame - can you not slip away for half an hour and get someone to watch your stall? I will definitely come and find you before the talks though and get myself some rapeseed oil :)

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosie,

    I wanted to attend the workshop but unfortunately I am trading instead! I wanted to come and get some 'increasing traffic' advice from you all!!

    I will be in the local producers area, so if you are doing some pre-workshop perusing, drop by. I will be trading for Fussels Fine Foods (Rapeseed oil).

    Have a great day!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig