19.8.13

FENG SUSHI DELIVERY

As you may know, if you read my Tresco holidays post, I've broken 2 bones in my hand. This makes cooking particularly difficult at the moment, as I can't even hold or grip anything in that hand, so I'm really struggling in the kitchen! On top of this, I've barely been home recently as after our holiday, we went straight to Boomtown festival for a week, and then on to my little brother's incredible wedding. So when we got back home to London late yesterday evening, the last thing I felt like doing was fighting vegetables with a knife and no usable left hand! So we chose delivery instead. I've ordered a few deliveries recently, due to the one-handedness, but this was the best by far. I found Feng Sushi via hungryhouse, a website that locates your local food delivery companies. I'm always a little hesitant about ordering sushi for delivery as you can't guarantee the freshness that is essential for good sushi, but I read lots of good reviews and found out that they only use line caught tuna and sustainably sourced fish, and I really wanted fresh, raw, healthy food, so decided to go for it anyway.

We ordered at about 7pm, and our food was with us by 7.50, which is no mean feat, considering that Feng Sushi is about 4 miles from our house!

As usual I went completely over the top with the amount of food I ordered for 2 of us, but it was all so yummy we managed to eat most of it anyway!

I ordered a miso soup, which was just as miso should be; the "heavenly salmon spring roll" starter, that was a cooked salmon spring roll, which was nice but a little greasy and therefore not really what I wanted; an x ray salad, made up of peppers, edamame beans, pomegranate seeds, avocado and poppy seed, that was a big bowl of healthy freshness; the deluxe mixed sashimi selection of hand dived scallops salmon, tuna, yellow tail with kimchee, mackerel and MSC ikura (roe);


tuna tartar, which is made with spring onions, yuzu and miso dressing with pickled cucumber slices; a platter of green goddess maki rolls, which are filled with seaweed, cucumber, avocado and chives; and a platter of really delicious and juicy avocado and brown rice sushi rolls.


We also received 4 free yellowtail and chive inside out sushi rolls with our order, and shared a chocolate brownie with matcha (powdered green tea that added a really interesting and fresh flavour to the brownie) for pudding.

It's not often that I find an affordable sushi restaurant that I really love, but after my very favorite, Atariya in Ealing, this comes a close second, especially as they deliver. And seeing as Atariya is closed for a refurb until September, I think I will be eating a lot of sushi from Feng Sushi between now and then!

Click to add a blog post for Feng Sushi on Zomato
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Sounds like a great choice for a take away and I love the fact that their fish is sustainably sourced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It makes all the difference being able to order responsibly sourced fish :)

      R x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good! And amazing that they deliver!!

      R x

      Delete
    2. YUM! looks delicious. Lovely blog.


      Peace, Love, & Good Chocolate

      Paris // www.charcoalalley.com
      Instagram @charcoalalley

      Delete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig