5.11.12

ANDY BATES - WIN HIS NEW COOKBOOK!

I have recently been sent a couple of copies of Andy Bates’ (AKA The Pie Man) new cook book – Modern Twists on Classic Dishes. One is for me, to cook up some of the super tasty recipes, and tell you all about them, and I have another copy to send to one of you!
Andy Bates has been busy recently – he is of Pie Man fame, known for the pastries, pies and scotch eggs he makes and sells at Whitecross Street Market in London but has also written a fantastic cook book and is starring in a series documenting the street food scene across America - Andy Bates American Street Feasts. This is a great show, and Andy is a wonderfully charismatic presenter. You can see he has a real, genuine interest in what he presents. The shows are split between him visiting popular street food vendors and cooking up recipes inspired by what he has seen and tasted. The shows aired every weekday on the Food Network channel and you can watch them on catch up at http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/tv-shows/andy-bates-american-street-feasts.html. As well as previous episodes, there is an interactive street food map on the website where you can look for places to eat, or tell others about street food vendors you have discovered in the UK
Recipes from some of the shows feature in Andy's cook book, including Salted peanut chocolate brownies (blog testing this recipe to follow soon), Braised Pork Belly and Walforf Salad Pretzel, Chicken and Mussels in Cider with Baby Gem lettuce, Black Pudding Scotch Egg, Honey Cheesecake and much, much more. The book is a lovely mixture of inspiring recipes, and short stories about Andy’s love of particular foods, and history of where the recipes came from. Modern Twists on Classic dishes is available from WH Smith, Waterstones, Amazon and independent book stores throughout the UK.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning your free copy from me, is leave a comment below, telling me about your favorite place for Street Food in the UK.

Competition closes this Friday!

Good luck!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Pizza Pilgrims are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would have to be The Rib Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. theres a stall at broadway market where this guy sells all things chilli. some seriously good things to eat there if you can handle the heat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working my way through Tucker's Exotics' menu, a place on the corner of Kingston market. Pricey but then this isn't mass market stuff, and you get a free meal once you "collect" 5 different meats on your loyalty card. I like to treat myself when I go for a ride up the Thames path and back. There is also Capadocia opposite the station, a superb Turkish place that also has a takeaway section.

    - Ali Dee

    https://www.facebook.com/ali.dee.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. There used to be an amazing falafel stand in Notting Hill. Not only was their final sandwich delicious, but they would give you a piping hot falafel to munch on while you waited. Haven't been there in a while, not sure if it's still there. But if it is, magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosie, I once had a chorizo sandwich at Brindisa in Borough Market... sumptuous. Best chorizo ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a stall at the top of the market in Walthamstow High Street that does the most amazing roast chickens and pork ribs. You can sit around the stall feasting on your favourite meat with an accompaniment of fresh crusty bread. It's just impossible to walk past without licking your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. depends on what you fancy, southall does panni puri on the street, basic but quite lush. 4am everything closed then helans edgware rd along with a N7 home really nice :) sharwma at Taza kebab bayswater road does the best! shaf growhigh lalani :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be obsessed by the fresh doughnut stall in Salisbury market square! There is nothing like a fresh doughnut with cinnamon sugar. I did eat a whole bag and it made me feel so ill I have never done it again! Although I do still dream about the first few bites!
    Can be found at any good quality fairground!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw on tv that they do great churros in the market by the royal festival hall... Maybe that will become my alternative! Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your comments, and the facebook and twitter likes and shares.

    All your favorite street food vendors sound amazing! I've tried Pizza Pilgrims (see previous blog) and The Rib Man, and now I really want to try all the others you've suggested!

    The winner of the competition is.... HUGO!!

    Congratulations, and I hope you love the book as I much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig